"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mexican Hot Chocolate

I'm baaaaaacccccccck. Actually, I'm trying to get rid of some of my cookbooks where I only like one or two recipes to decrease poundage when we move and the amount of stuff we have in general. My mild tendency to hoard (and especially hoard cookbooks) isn't conducive to a career where we move every two years with a weight limit. So, I'm adding some recipes out of some of my lesser-used cookbooks so I can donate the cookbooks. I still should probably print out all my recipes on the computer or the web for one day when the entire Internet crashes. But for now, I feel they will be safe here. I actually haven't tried this one, but want it to get in here anyway. Mexican Hot Chocolate (Sandra Lee) 6 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk 4 tsp cinnamon 1 T vanilla 1 tsp nutmeg 2 (12 oz) bags dark chocolate chocolate chips Whip topping 1. In a 4 qt slow cooker, stir together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Add chocolate chips. 2. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hrs stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment