"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Friday, July 2, 2010

Chicken Italiano Appetizers



I made these for a bridal shower I helped with. I actually pulled the recipe out of a Wilton Cake Decorating book. They were great! It'd be good as a filling for a crescent roll braid or wreath, Pampered Chef style, too!

18 wonton wrappers (I found these in the produce section)
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
2 t olive oil
2 c cooked chicken, finely chopped (roughly two boneless skinless breasts) (I used my Pampered Chef food chopper for this!)
1/3 c mayo
2 T parmesan cheese, I used grated
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t basil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray standard muffin cavitites with vegetable pan spray. Press wonton wrappers into cavities.

In small skillet, cook red pepper and green onion in oil until soft, about five minutes. Meanwhile, combine chicken, mayo, cheese and seasonings. Stir in cooked red pepper and green onions. Spoon 3 tablespoons filling into wonton cup (my medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop put the perfect amount in all 18 cups).
Bake 7-8 minutes. Serve hot.

Makes 18 appetizers.


No comments:

Post a Comment