"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Monday, July 5, 2010

Amanda's Caesar Artichoke Pasta Salad


So I know this may not look like much, (and I probably could have garnished it with some fresh herbs or whatever), but who cares! IT IS GOOD!

We go to church with one of the other JAGs in David's office. His wife made this pasta salad for an office picnic last month and I have been dreaming about it ever since. I got the recipe and made it to take the 4th of July BBQ yesterday at David's coworker's house. It's awesome and easy!

Here's the recipe

-1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked and cooled (I had three open boxes of macaroni, rotini, and small shells, so I dumped all those together to make 1 lb)
- 2 cans of artichokes
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 bottle of Ceasar dressing
- 1 heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
- a few shakes of lemon pepper
- garlic (fresh or powder) either a few cloves pressed or a few shakes of the powder
- about a cup of Parmesan/Romano cheese, grated works best

Cook your pasta according to package directions. Chop the artichokes (again, I used my Pampered Chef food chopper. I use it almost daily. Love that thing.) I had marinated artichokes on hand, so I used those, but I think Amanda used plain artichokes in hers. Both were good. Thinly slice the green onions. Combine the artichokes, onions, the entire bottle of Caesar dressing (my favorite brand is actually the Great Value brand), the mayo, sour cream, lemon pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese and stir well. Add the cooled pasta and stir to combine. And p.s., it's even better the next day.

Note: I will not add the lemon pepper next time. I'm not a big lemon pepper fan to begin with, so I will omit it next time. But even with the lemon pepper in it, it was still dang good.


1 comment:

  1. Jeni our branch is having a fish fry and I need to bring something, perhaps this might do the job. I love artichoke hearts. And love love love your your little signature at the end.

    ReplyDelete