"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Heaps of Chocolate Goodness


I don't know what the real name of these are. I don't know where I got the recipe, but it was scribbled on a used envelope. I made these for a Scentsy party I had this past weekend, and I got two emails today from two different people asking for the recipe. So here ya go. :)

3 cups chocolate chips (I always use semi-sweet chocolate chips)
3 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 c peanuts (I like to use the salted ones because I like the salty/sweet combination)
2 1/2 cup chow mein noodles (found in the Asian foods section in a blue bag)

Place chocolate and butterscotch chips in a medium saucepan over low heat until melted. (I melted mine in my large Pampered Chef micro-cooker. 1 minute for the initial melting, and then in 30 second intervals until it was nice and smooth).

After mixture is melted, take it off the stove (if you melted in a saucepan) and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.

Gently stir in peanuts and chow mein noodles. (Next time I make these I will break up the chow mein noodles a little so they're in smaller pieces).

Scoop heaps onto waxed paper laid on a cookie sheet. Put in the refrigerator or freezer to set-up until solid. I used my medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop for these because I was in a hurry, so they were a bit big. I plan on adding these to my Christmas treat trays and I will use my small scoop to make them tinier so that the recipe makes more. Using the medium scoop, I still made about 36, so if you use the small scoop you could probably almost double the amount.

1 comment: