"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Inspired.

So I have been inspired. A few months ago, my sweet friend from Alabama, Rozlynn, started a cooking blog. I love it when I see she has posted a new recipe. I rush over there to see what she has posted and more often than not, try what she has posted (the most recent being these Banana nut muffins which are FAR AND AWAY the best banana muffins I have ever put in my mouth. Period.) I have several cooking blogs I read often and love to get recipe and meal ideas from. I've thought for some time I wanted to get my favorite recipes on the computer so if heaven forbid my house burned down and I lost my recipe books, I'd still have them stored someplace (and here's praying Blogger never decides to shut their site and everyone's blogs down with it). So, I'm going to start. I don't know how much I'll be able to do until Ethan starts Kindergarten in the fall, but I feel an urgency to start this now (and maybe the urgency is just my excitement taking over my emotions!). So, I figure I'll start and do what I can, when I can. (I have vowed to spend less time on the computer, so I guess this may be bad timing to start a new blog!)

How fun will it be to print this out one day and give to my kids when they're off and on their own? (That's how I'll justify this anyway!)

This will be a hodge podge of recipes I try and like, old favorites, new favorites, gadgets that make cooking a pleasure, and anything else that may have to do with food, cooking, or baking.

My mouth is watering already.

1 comment:

  1. Jeni, will the zesty italian casserole make it on this blog? I bet most people don't appreciate it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete