"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Friday, June 11, 2010

How to dress-up a boxed cake mix.


I love a cake mix. I make homemade red velvet cake batter, homemade pound cake batter, and maybe another kind of homemade batter if I'm following a certain recipe, but I love the convenience and even the taste of boxed cake mixes. Every year my mom makes me a funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing, and I love it. (And mom loves the easiness of it!)

One of the various cooking blogs I frequent had this great idea of how to doctor up a boxed cake mix to give it more of a "homemade" taste. It thickens up the batter. She lifted it off someone else's blog, who had lifted it off someone else's, so I really don't know who to give the credit too. But here it is anyway:

1 box cake mix
3 large eggs
1/2 c melted butter (1 stick)
1 c water

Mix ingredients on low for 1 minute, then on high for one minute. Bake according to package directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment