"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Holy Cow! Cookies




Okay, they're not really called Holy Cow cookies. But after eating the first one (actually after eating my *first* spoonful of batter), those were the first words that came to mind. The official name of the cookies is "Deluxe Triple Chocolate Cookies" and they came out of the Pillsbury 2011 Annual Recipe Cookbook and they were a Pillsbury Bake Off Contestant winner, so I knew they had to be good before I even made them. I mean, they have Nutella AND peanut butter in them. Probably two of my most favorite foods, in one cookie. I couldn't get to my kitchen aid fast enough after reading the recipe.

I ended up sending almost all of them to work with David. This house simply isn't big enough for me and those cookies. They passed the co-worker test and the kid test, and most importantly of all, MY test. Put this one in your cookie-keeper file. You'll come back to this one again.

1 c butter, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1/2 c Nutella
1/2 c peanut butter, creamy
1 box (5oz) instant hot cocoa mix, chocolate
2 c all-purpose flour
1 c oats, any kind
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, beat in hazelnut spread, peanut butter, and dry cocoa mix until well blended. Stir in flour, oats, salt and baking soda until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons (or using your medium Pampered Chef scoop like I did) 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

Oh, and what do you do with the spoon you used to dip the Nutella out? That is entirely up to you, but I'll give you one guess as to what I did with the remnants on this spoon...

1 comment: